Tuesday, February 1, 2011

HE IS BACK

Watch the clocks but don’t answer the phone
Give the dog a pat and a big meaty bone
Twinkle the piano and bang the drum
The blog is back, let Bolta come.

Let aeroplanes buzz above in pitch black
Scribbling on the sky the message
He is Back.
Put down your coffee and tap on the keys,
Send Andrew a message, say what you please.

The blog is my North, my South, my East and West,
There are other blogs, but Bolta’s is best.
His insights are lyrical, like music & song
I was worried he’d be gone forever:
I was wrong.

Piers & Tim are not needed now, it’s been fun,
Andrew’s as bright as the moon, as brilliant as the sun ,
As strong as the ocean, producing the goods:
Showing that under Labor nothing can come to any good.

With utmost respect to W.H.Auden
http://homepages.wmich.edu/~cooneys/poems/auden.stop.html

No comments:

Post a Comment