Monday, November 8, 2010

"She don't like Newspoll"

(With thanks to the 'Boomtown Rats' and their 1979 hit "I Don't Like Monday's")

“The Australian” lands on her desk
She flicks to ‘Politics’
The latest ‘Newspoll’ is out today
She’s nervous, anxious, feeling sick
But Julia doesn’t understand it
Polls used to say she was good as gold
And she can see no reasons
When there’s so many reasons
Her popularity is so low-low-low-low-low

Tell me why
Jules doesn’t like Newspoll
Tell me why
She don’t like Newspoll
Tell me why
She hates the Newspoll
She wants to shoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oot Tony Abbott down

The Labor machine is cruel and mean
Julia feels the heat applied
The falling polls are a shock
Julia’s world is rocked
As voters thoughts turn to her litany of lies
There on page 16, the voters don’t look keen
But she ain’t so keen to admit defeat
But she can see no reasons
When there are so many reasons
How many reasons do you need?
Oh oh oh oh

Tell me why
Jules hates the Newspoll
Tell me why
She don’t like Newspoll
Tell me why
She hates the Newspoll
She wants to shoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oot the Coalition down
Down-down-down,
Shoot them all down

All the arrogance has stopped on Labor benches now
There’s many frowns and not a smile
Public unrest is churning and Julia’s learning
And the lesson today is ‘no more lies’
The faceless men are circling
Her leadership ain’t working
They’re sharpening knives to thrust in her back
She starts to see the reasons
'Cos there’s so many reasons
Why Julia’s career is starting to die, die, oh, oh, oh.

Tell me why
Jules hates the Newspoll
Tell me why......

No comments:

Post a Comment