Friday, November 12, 2010

"These are a few of Rudd's favourite things"

Frowns on the faces of Liberals and Nationals,
Hearing them scream that my plans are irrational,
Enjoying the perks that my position brings,
These are a few of my favourite things.

Lying, deflecting, gross exaggerations,
Meeting world leaders in far-reaching locations,
Strutting around like I’m one the kings,
These are a few of my favourite things.

Photo opportunities with famous faces,
Flying irrationally to exotic places,
Seeing Julia impatiently wait in the wings,
These are a few of my favourite things.

Token positions for long time supporters,
Feeding bullsh1t to complicit reporters,
Making Australian culture more like Beijing’s,
These are a few of my favourite things.

When Swan is wrong,
When I see Wong,
When I’m feeling sad,
I simply remember my favourite things,
And then I don’t feel so bad.

Winking at myself as I shave in the mornings,
Thankful the media’s ignored all the warnings,
Every day I’m in power, the joy that it brings,
These are a few of my favourite things.

Recklessly spending and wasting the surplus,
Being the ringleader of the ALP circus,
A union puppet controlled by their strings,
I’d really rather not talk about those things.

Seeing Australians getting zero enjoyment,
As incompetent policies lead to mass unemployment,
Wastage, ineptitude, the panic bell rings,
Please can we refrain from mentioning these things?

I’m a try-hard,
Soon a discard,
The people have been had,
They’ll realize the error they made in 07,
It’s the reason we all feel so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment