Tuesday, June 29, 2010

“I don’t like Newspoll” by Kevin Rudd
8th June 2010


“The Australian” lands on his desk
He flicks to ‘Politics’
The latest ‘Newspoll’ is out today
He’s nervous, anxious, feeling sick
But Ruddy doesn’t understand it
Polls used to say he was good as gold
And he can see no reasons
When there’s so many reasons
His popularity is heading so low-low-low-low-low

Tell me why
Rudd doesn’t like Newspoll
Tell me why
He don’t like Newspoll
Tell me why
Rudd hates the Newspoll
He wants to shoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oot Tony Abbott down

The Labor machine is cruel and mean
Rudd feels the heat applied
The falling polls are a shock
Ruddy’s world is rocked
As voters thoughts turn to his litany of lies
There on page 16, the voters don’t look keen
But he ain’t so keen to admit defeat
But he can see no reasons
When there are so many reasons
How many reasons do you need?
Oh oh oh oh

Tell me why
Rudd hates the Newspoll
Tell me why
He don’t like Newspoll
Tell me why
Rudd hates the Newspoll
He wants to shoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oot the Coalition down
Down-down-down,
Shoot them all down

All the arrogance has stopped on Labor benches now
There’s many frowns and not a smile
Question time’s still churning and Rudd is learning
And the lesson today is ‘no more lies’
And then the bells are ringing
To their last hope they’re clinging
Another vote of no confidence
Rudd starts to see the reasons
'Cos there’s so many reasons
Why Rudd’s career is starting to die, die, oh, oh, oh.

Tell me why
Rudd hates the Newspoll
Tell me why......

No comments:

Post a Comment